(e.g., What is the abbreviated form of lysergic acid diethylamide? Answer: LSD.)
1. The animal symbol of the Democratic party.
2. Stephen Foster song title: “____ With the Light Brown Hair.”
3. Site of the Grand Ole Opry.
4. The nickname of basketball star Julius Erving.
5. The fictional setting for the comic strip “Li’l Abner.”
6. Who was “the dirty little coward who shot Mister Howard”?
7. Which song contains the lyrics “He was her man, But he done her wrong”?
8. He was known as “The Black Babe Ruth.”
9. Identify Loretta Lynn’s younger sister, who is also a country singer.
ANSWERS: 1. Donkey. 2. Jeanie. 3. Nashville, Tennessee. 4. Dr. J. 5. Dogpatch. 6. Robert Ford. 7. “Frankie and Johnny.” 8. Josh Gibson. 9. Crystal Gayle.
Score one point for each correct answer on the freshman level, two points on the graduate level and three points on the Ph.D. level.
18 points: Congratulations, doctor; 15-17: honors graduate; 10-14: you’re plenty smart; 4-9: hit the books harder; 1-3: enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0: who reads the questions to you?