• Roll by Goodyear, as summed up by Fred Thomas, the VP and GM of Goodyear Retail: “Guests can choose when, where, and how to install their tires, and they are in complete control of the process from start to finish. Goodyear is eliminating the waiting room and giving people time back in their day to do the things they really want to do.” Going to rollbygoodyear. com means you can shop online, purchase rubber online or in the store, and then choose how you want them to be installed, like them coming to you via mobile van.
• Daystar Products was named a runner-up for best new product in the mobile electronics category at the ’18
SEMA Show for its
GMRS Radio Kit for the Wrangler JK.
• Another runner-up:
in the Off-Road/4-Wheel-Drive category for its new Sport Suspension System for the JL. And yet another runner-up: Oracle Lighting for best new exterior accessory. The company debuted its Vector Series Grille for the Jeep JL.
• Tire winning went to Cooper for its Discoverer AT3 4S, while a runner-up in the rubber category was the Baja Pro X from Mickey Thompson.
• AEV built Outpost II because, as the company put it, “to celebrate the final year of the JK-model Jeep Wrangler,
AEV created a fitting tribute: a custom, self-contained overlanding camper.” Although the wheelbase went unchanged, the rest is far from factory. A conversion to cab/chassis, extended frame, and steel “birdcage” were made and a 41⁄2 -inch suspension was added. Power comes from a 5.7L Hemi. AEV said the concept camper has 600 handmade parts. Overlanding essentials included a solar panel, slide-out fridge/freezer, and an 80-inch-long couch/bed combo with the water tank and water heater among the necessities stored underneath it. Learn more at aev-conversions.com. • Discount Tire is now the parent of its 1,000th offspring. The new tire store is in Phoenix.
• Grid Off-Road and Keystone Automotive have entered a distribution agreement.