RIP Rats In Peace
Design by Pat Cherry and Peggy Tipton of Fern Ridge Collections
Skill Level: Intermediate Materials
• 9" x 8" piece 28- count pearl gray Cashel linen® from Zweigart*
• One skein each Weeks Dye Works Hand Over Dyed Floss*
• Star sequin and silver skull bead
• Size 24 tapestry needle *See Where to Find It on page 112
Stitch Count: 38H x 28W Design Size: 23/4" x 2"
Instructions: Cross stitch over two threads using two strands of floss. Where small symbol appears, work partial cross stitch using two strands of floss.
Work Smyrna cross stitch over two threads using two strands of floss. Í
Work French knot where appears using two strands of floss and wrapping floss around needle twice.
Using two strands floss and referring to photograph for placement, attach button and skull bead.
Finishing Materials & Instructions
• 4" x 4" piece of coordinating fabric
• 1 yard black satin ribbon
• Two 4" x 4" pieces of thin batting
Refer to Flat-Ornament Finishing Instructions on page 112. Trim and hanger were made using coordinating 1/ 16" ribbon.