Create a handy sewing bag with a primitive-style design from Teresa Murgida. Stitched in a soft palette of DMC flosses, the design features a charming cottage flanked with flowers and a trio of birds.
Skill Level: Easy Stitch Count: 74H x 68W Design Size: 51/ 3" x 47/8"
• 11" x 11" piece 28- count French café mocha linen from Wichelt Imports Inc.*
• One skein each DMC® or Sullivans® USA six-strand embroidery floss*
• Size 24 tapestry needle
*See Where to Find It on page 65.
blanc 45001 white
801 45211 coffee brown, dk.
520 45117 fern green, dk.
414 45090 steel gray, dk.
413 45089 pewter gray, dk.
322 45063 baby blue, dk.
3687 45356 mauve
Cross stitch over two threads using two strands of floss.
Finishing Materials & Instructions
• 8" x 8" piece 28- count French café mocha linen from Wichelt Imports Inc.*
• 24" length 1/4"-wide light gray cording
• Coordinating sewing thread
Press stitched piece from reverse side, straightening as much as possible. Trim stitched piece to 1" from all sides. Pin stitched piece and backing fabric right sides together; trim backing fabric even with edges of stitched piece.
Stitch sides and bottom, using a 1/2" seam allowance. Turn right side out.
Fold upper edges to inside; hand-stitch opening closed.
Tie knots in each end of cording, leaving 1" of cording on each end. Fray ends of cording up to the knot to create a tassel effect. Attach hanger to top of bag.
Finished by Brenda Smith