150 years ago
Jan. 9, 1869
• President Johnson issued a proclamation on Christmas day, granting full pardon and general amnesty to every participant, directly or indirectly, in the late insurrection or rebellion.
• The suit of Daniel Dechert against the Mayor and City of Hagerstown, Maryland, to recover the value of his newspaper, the Hagerstown Mail, which was Jan. 8, 1944
• The commission of Tidewater Fisheries late Tuesday voted to close Hodges bar in the head of the Chesa- Jan. 8, 1969
• Ground was broken last Friday for Magnolia Hall, Inc., the new convalescent
Jan. 12, 1994
• New year’s greeting from Alison Marie Crossley, daughter of Brian and Jackie Crossley of Sudlersville. Alison — 5 pounds, 4½ ounces — was born at 8:16 a.m., January 3 at Kent & Queen Anne’s Hospital. She is the hospital’s first baby of 1994.