As of 9 p.m. Saturday:
1. Las Vegas woman mauled to death by family dog
A Las Vegas man came home from work Monday night to find his wife of 26 years mauled to death by the family’s newly adopted dog.
2. News media horde set aside standards in zeal to smear Kavanaugh
It’s journalists who, in their zeal to prove Kavanaugh is too partisan and unable to control himself, come across as too partisan and unable to control themselves.
3. Two Nevada cases among 57 reported after salmonella outbreak
Two people in Nevada are among the 57 in 16 states to fall ill from a salmonella outbreak caused by contaminated beef, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
4. Lucky Dragon’s failure in Las Vegas among fastest in decades
The off-Strip Lucky Dragon, which opened less than two years ago, has fully shut down and is scheduled to come up for sale at a foreclosure auction Oct. 30. The property is now surrounded by chainlink fencing.
5. $15M home has sports facility, bowling alley
An exterior design connotating movement, with amenities that continue the theme of motion, are qualities that make this Blue Heron custom-designed estate unique.