Master Gardeners to host water conservation class
LODI — The San Joaquin County Master Gardeners will host a special class on conserving water for any landscape at 10 a.m. June 10 in the Lodi Public Library Community Room, 201 W. Locust St., Lodi.
The list of topics the Master Gardeners will focus on are:
• Using less water — and its effect on water bills
• Conserving natural resources
• Providing natural habitat for wildlife and pollinators
• Reducing home and office heating and cooling costs through proper selection and placement of shade trees and shrubs
• Reducing runoff, which carries top soils, fertilizers, and pesticides into storm drains and eventually lakes, rivers, and streams
• Reduced landscaping labor and maintenance costs
A representative from the City of Lodi will be present to answer questions you may have which is specific for city residents. For more information or to reserve a space, call 209-953-6100 or visit sjmastergardeners.ucanr.edu/?newsite m=80224.