Saturday, Feb. 11
For all the lovers of love, this week is your week with Valentine’s Day festivities and celebrations kicking off on Friday and running through Tuesday. And for those who poo-poo Cupid’s power and Valentine’s Day altogether, there’s Super Bowl LVII to get your heart pumping.
No matter if you’re a fan of football or Valentines, both or none, this week’s edition of Go+do has something for everyone to enjoy.
Take a peek at these 19 events taking place in Greeley, Loveland, Fort Collins and around Noco for the week of Feb. 11-17, 2023.
1. Pick up some special gifts for your Valentine at Artists in the Loft at 10 a.m. at Words of Windsor, 631 Birch St., Unit B. The event will feature a variety of different local and regional artists showcasing and selling their creations. Admission into the event is free and all ages are welcome to attend. For more information, contact Words of Windsor at (970) 658-2669.
2. Enjoy an afternoon of crafting with the kids by heading over to the Valentine Craft Day event hosted by the Fort Lupton City Museum from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 453 First St. All ages are welcome to attend the free event and make some handmade valentines for loved ones. For more information, contact the museum at (303) 857-1634.
3. BMF Garage and Wiley Roots Brewing are hosting
Drag Racing Reaction Cash Days from noon to 6 p.m. at 625 3rd St. in Greeley. The event will feature brackets for flashlight start, sportsman tree and pro tree with cash prizes for first and second place. Buy in is $20 per person and registration is not required to attend or participate. For more information, contact Wiley Roots at (970) 515-7315.
4. Love at First Ice offers adults, teens and children of all ages the opportunity to enjoy outdoor ice-skating from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. at the Downtown Denver Rink at Skyline Park, 1601 Arapahoe St. in Denver. The event will feature live music, photo opportunities, hot chocolate, vendors and more. Skate rentals are $11 for guests age 13 and older and $9 for kids age 12 and younger. People bringing their own skates get in free. For more information, go to www.winterindenver.com.
5. Fraser Fire and Ice with The Colorado Snow Sculpting Championship is set for 4 p.m. at the Lions Club Fishing Pond, 45 County Road 804 in Fraser. The festival will include fireworks, hot chocolate, bon fires, music, light sticks, food trucks, snow sculpting and more. The free event is open to all ages. For more information, go to https:// bit.ly/3x3oekx.
6. Head on over to the Sweetheart City for Sweet As Candy Valentine Party at 11 a.m. at The Collab, located at Fourth Street in Loveland. The event will feature photo opportunities, drawings for gift baskets and more. All ages are welcome to attend and there is no cost for admission. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/ 40FYZVY.
7. Yetters Brewing Co. is hosting a Valentine’s Day Plantiness Party at 1:30 p.m. at 725 10th St. in Greeley. Adults and kids of all ages are welcome to come and decorate a pot for Valentine’s Day. Participants will receive one plant for themselves and one plant to give away. In addition to pot decorating, attendees can participate in a photo booth as well as enjoy a variety of beverages. Admission is $35 for adults and $25 for kids and all supplies are included. For more information, or to register, contact Yetters Brewing Co. at (970) 396-1606.
8. Big Bones Canine Rescue is partnering with Intrepid Bodyworks for a Puppy Yoga Adoption Event at 11 a.m. at 3854 E. 120th Ave. in Thornton. Get your stretch on with some adorable puppies all looking for a fur-ever home. The cost to attend is $40 per person with $20 of that going to Big Bones Canine Rescue. The event is open to guests ages 16 and older. For more information, go to https:// bit.ly/3hianoo.