West Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of what’s coming up in West Oahu.
• CAREER FAIR Time Warner Oceanic Cable has a job fair from 2 to 6 p.m. Nov. 9 at Hawaii Okinawa Center, 94-587 Ukee St. Go to oceanic.com/about_us/jobs.
• GIFT IDEAS Family and Community Education presents “Christmas Ideas Demonstrations 2010” at 6 p.m. Nov. 10 at Waipahu Library and Nov. 16 at Ewa Beach Library. Call 2470421, ext. 106.
• CLOSURES All public libraries and schools are closed Nov. 11 for Veterans Day.
• WILLIE K Award-winning musician Willie K performs and signs autographs Nov. 12 at noon at Pearl City Walmart and 6 p. m. at Kunia Walmart to promote Hawaiian Host’s “Christmas medley” box of chocolates and four-song sampler.
• PATRIOT RUN U.S. VETS sponsors the Patriot Walk/Run Nov. 13 at The Waterfront at Puuloa in Ewa Beach. Call 682-0111.
• AIEA FAIR Aiea Elementary School hosts a Season’s Best Craft & Gift Fair from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 13 with more than 20 vendors.
• SOCCER CLINIC Olympic soccer star Natasha Kai leads a clinic from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 13 at Waipio Peninsula Soccer Park for ages 5 to 17. Players get a free jersey, cap and sports sack. Signups on the day of the clinic are limited. Call Jill Bona at 291-0421.
• JAZZ FEST The Pacific Rim Jazz Festival runs from 6 to 10 p.m. Nov. 13 at the Ihilani Resort, featuring the best of local jazz musicians. Proceeds go to West Oahu student scholarships. Go to pacificrimjazzfestival.com.
• PROJECT VISION The Makakilo-Kapolei, Kapolei City, Ewa Beach, Waianae and Lualualei Lions clubs offer free retina screenings in the Project Vision Hawaii RV from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 13-14 at Costco Kapolei. Call Sam Fisk at 685-3693.
• SOCCER SIGNUPS The Pearl City AYSO has soccer signups from 12:30 to 3:30 pm. Nov. 14 at Waiau District Park for children born on or between Aug. 1, 1991 and July 31, 2006. Fee is $55 for new players and $20-$40 for returnees. New players must bring proof of birth date. Call 330-2257.
• PHOTO SHOW The LCC intermediate photography class exhibits works of Wayne Muromoto’s students through Nov. 17 on weekdays in the Foyer Art Gallery, AD 107. Call 4550280.
• STORYTELLER James McCarthy shares stories and music at 10 a.m. Nov. 18 at Kapolei Library. Call 6937050.
• WASTE TOUR A city tour of Recycling and Waste Processors from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 18 begins and ends at Kapolei Hale. It includes stops at the HPower plant, the landfill and various West Oahu recycling companies. Call 768-3200.
• BLOOD DRIVE Hawaii Blood Bank conducts a donor drive from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Nov. 21 at Waikele Center. Call 8459966.
• BOOK SIGNING Local illustrator Kathleen Wong Bishop signs copies of her newest book, Celebrating Holidays in Hawaii, with friend/author Leslie Hayashi at 3 p.m. Nov. 21 at Borders Waikele, with Filipino parol Christmas ornaments for children to decorate. Call 732-1709.