West Oahu Highlights
Waipahu Town Center. Call 227-4589.
• KAPOLEI SANTA Kapolei Shopping Center hosts its 18th annual Santa Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 11 with crafts, activities, a Lokahi Giving Project drive, games and visits with Rudolph and Santa. Call 674-2592.
• BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dec. 11 at the LDS Kalaeloa Chapel in Kapolei; 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dec. 13 at Youth Challenge Academy in Kalaeloa; 11:15 am. to 2:30 p.m. Dec. 14 at Home Depot Pearl City; 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Dec. 14 at Ihilani Resort’s Ocean Ballroom; and 7 to 11:30 a.m. Dec. 15 at Bank of Hawaii Kapolei. Call 845- 9966.
• SCI-FI MOVIE Aiea Library screens a free sciencefiction movie at 6 p.m. Dec. 16 in its meeting room. Call 483-7333.
• CARD CRAFTING Arnheidur Gudmundsdottir demonstrates how to make easy and inexpensive Christmas cards at 11:30 a.m. Dec. 16 at Ewa Beach Library. All materials are provided. Call 689-1204.
• BOOK SALES The Friends of Pearl City Library have a book sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. every Sunday, now through Jan. 23. Call 4356566.
• COLLECTION DRIVE Hawaii Self Storage at Pearl City (98-138 Hila Place) and Kapolei (488 Kamokila Blvd.) welcomes donations for Ho‘omalu O Na Kamali‘i, a children’s receiving home on the Leeward Coast. Needed are new clothing, blankets, towels, sports equipment, shoes, slippers, toys, school supplies, backpacks and arts and crafts. Call 521-9531, ext 224.
• BARBERS BOWLING Barbers Point Bowling now is open to the public daily at 91-1259 Saratoga Ave. Bowling center hours are 10 a.m. to 11 p.m SundayThursday, 10 a.m. to midnight Friday-Saturday (6732695). The snack bar opens at 9 a.m. Call 673-2696.
• EWA RECYCLES Reynolds Recycling’s HI-5
Ewa redemption center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily at Ewa Town Center near Longs Drugs (and closed from noon to 1:30 p.m.) Call 487-2802.
• FIT CLUB Fit Club Hawaii has adult exercise classes at 4:30 p.m. Mondays at Iroquois Point Elementary School, Room P14. Fee is $1 per class. Call 561-3837 or visit www.fitclubhawaii.com.
• STAR SIGHTINGS Ko Olina hosts “Stars Above Hawaii,” an astronomical star show at 8 and 9 nightly by reservation at 291-2464.
• EWA MARKET Ewa Beach Shopping Center and Lay Farms sponsor a farmers market from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily; the Serendipitous Gardener from 2 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays; and The Bread of Life from 2 to 6 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays. Call 689-7387.
• MAHIKU MARKET Mahiku Farmers Market is open from 3 to 7 p.m. Fridays at Momilani Community Center. Call 2254002.
• WAIPAHU MARKET Waipahu Festival Marketplace is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sundays and holidays at 94-340 Waipahu Depot Road, offering fish, produce, crafts, refreshments and Island-made products. Call 677-6939.
• CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. at Waiau District Park and 8:15 to 9:15 a.m. at Waipahu District Park; Fridays from 7 to 8 a.m. to Halawa District Park and 9 to 10 a.m. at Ewa Beach Community Park; Sundays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Kapolei Community Park, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at Royal Kunia Park-nRide and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Waikele Community Park. Call 522-7088.
• HANGAR TALKS Pacific Aviation Museum presents guest talks at 1 p.m. every third Saturday in the museum theater. Admission is $14 to $5. Call 441-1000.
• TOASTMASTERS Pearl City Toastmasters meet at 7 p.m. every first and third Tuesday in the Mokihana Room at Pearlridge Gardens & Tower, 98-1042 Moanalua Road. Call 780-2066.
• MUSIC CLASSES Keiki Kani Music Studio has ongoing classes for all ages in music basics, piano, voice, guitar, trumpet, saxophone and low brass at its Aiea location (behind Dixie Grill). Call 4872275 for days/times and fees.
• CHESS LESSONS Mililani Chess Club conducts free lessons from 6 to 8 p.m. every Tuesday at Pearlridge Uptown, second floor. Call 488-0981.
• IKEBANA CLASSES Pearl City Foundation teach-