West Oahu Highlights
es the Japanese art of flower arrangement at 9 a. m. Mondays at Momilani Community Center. Class fee plus cost of flowers is $3. Bring clippers, vase and frog. Call 456-2073.
• GARDENING Urban Garden Center has a free public gardening program from 9 a.m. to noon on the second Saturday of each month at 955 Kamehameha Hwy. Call 453-6050.
• DOG ADOPTIONS Hawaii Dog Foundation conducts adoptions at PETCO from noon to 2 p.m. Sundays in Pearl City. Call 782-8387.
• KARATE Shotokan Karate Center conducts a variety of classes for seniors and for all ages and skill levels weekly at Pearl City Highlands Elementary School and at Aiea Hongwanji. Call 456-9407.
• TAI CHI CLASSES Pearl City Foundation hosts classes in the art of tai chi at 9 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at Momilani Community Center. Fee is $3 per week for both classes. Call 456-2073.
• SOCCER SIGNUPS Leeward Soccer Club seeks players and coaches for its HYSA season. Practices are held on various West Oahu fields. Call Sam at 224-5534 or call 674-0500.
• SUPPORT GROUPS A Hospice Hawaii grief support group meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month (924-9255), and a cancer support group, Hui Malama Kako‘o, meets from 5:30 to 7 p.m. every Thursday (except holidays) in the firstfloor physicians dining room of Pali Momi hospital (4854548). Parking is validated.
• WAIMALU KARATE Japan International Karate Center Leeward has classes for adults and children at Harbor Center in Waimalu. New beginner classes are available daily. Call 4864800.
• POLYNESIAN DANCE Na Malama Polynesian Dance Studio in Ewa Beach has open enrollment on Saturdays in hula, Maori, Tahitian and Samoan dancing. Drummers and musicians also are welcome. Call 271-9403.
• BELLY DANCE Malia in Hawaii teaches belly dance — Shimmy Fitness low-impact dance cardio — at 6 p.m. Thursdays at Kapolei Yoga and Dance studio, 338 Kamokila Blvd., suite #201. Fee is $15 per class or $50 for four classes; register at first class. Call 234-1006.
• LINE DANCING Pearl City Foundation has intermediate-level line dancing classes at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at Momilani Community Cen-ter. Fee is $5 per class. Call 456-2073.
• TAEKWONDO Tropic Lightning Taekwondo has Olympics-style martial arts classes for all ages Monday through Saturday at Westgate Shopping Center in Waipahu. Call 677-2225.
• DAHN YOGA Adults learn Dahn Yoga at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays at the open-air pavilion ofMomilani Community Center at 715 Hoomoana St. Cost is $15 per month. Call 381-4376.
• DHARMA CLASSES Kapolei Buddhist Sangha has dharma classes for all ages Sundays at American Renaissance Academy in Kapolei. Call Rev. Bert Sumikawa at 221-9661.
• ZEN ETC. Waipahu Soto Zen Temple conducts meditation at 6 a.m. and children’s shodo at 1 p.m. each Saturday; tai chi at 9:30 a.m. most Saturdays; Sumie painting at 9 a.m. most Wednesdays, shodo at 9 a.m. most Thursdays and yoga at 9:30 a.m. Fridays. Call 6713103.