West Oahu Highlights
Wednesdays, shodo at 9 a.m. most Thursdays and yoga at 9:30 a.m. Fridays. Call 671-3103.
• YOGA Yoga4Ewa studio in Ewa Beach has a variety of yoga classes Monday through Saturday. Visit www.yoga4ewa.com or call 689-1020.
• AIEA HULA Halau Hula ‘O Kana Kapeka accepts registration for women’s classes ( 6-7: 30 p. m. Mondays) at St. Elizabeth Church Hall in Aiea. Keiki, teen and Tahitian dance classes also are offered. Call 255-4001.
• MAKAKILO HULA Halau Kawailaniakea offers adult classes in ancient and modern hula for all skill levels at 7 p.m. Thursdays at Makakilo Recreation Center, 92-1140 Makakilo Drive. The first class is free. Call 672-4848.
• EWA HULA Hula Halau O Kehaulani has classes for women, teens intermediate and keiki girls and mixed boys hula throughout the week in Ewa Beach. Call Kehau at 428-3628.
• MOMILANI HULA Kumu Hula Rosemarie Dungca teaches seniors intermediate-level hula from 9:30-11 a.m., beginners 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., every Tuesday at the Momilani Community Center. Call 456-2073.
• OKINAWAN MUSIC Hear live Okinawan music from 8:30 to 10 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of the month at Off the Wall Bar and Grill in Aiea. Call 486-9255.
• PARENT SUPPORT Leeward Community Children’s Council has free parent support meetings from 6: 30 to 8: 30 p. m. every third Wednesday at Kapolei Police Station. All parents of children with special needs are welcome to attend. Call 586-5363.
• SUPPORT GROUPS A Hospice Hawaii grief support group meets at 6:30 p. m. on the second Wednesday of each month (924-9255), and a cancer support group, Hui Malama Kako’o, meets from 5:30 to 7 p. m. every Thursday ( except holidays) in the first-floor physicians dining room of Pali Momi hospital (485-4548). Parking is validated.