MP USBC City Tournament plans for early March
There’s no doubt that, since March 14, 2020, our bowling livelihood and our very lives have been severely impacted by the ongoing pandemic.
The 2020 MP USBC City Tournament finished on March 13, 2020, just before the “two weeks to slow the spread”.
Now, almost two years later, we, hopefully, are beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel and might, just might, be able to have a fairly “normal” (whatever that means) 2022-2023 season.
For now, our 2022 MP USBC City Tournament will again be scheduled for the first full week of March. Because of an earlier scheduling conflict and reduced entries, the city tournament will be only be four evenings from Tuesday, March 8 through Friday, March 11.
Regular Tuesday through Thursday evening leagues won’t be scheduled to bowl that week, so Tuesday through Thursday leagues can, hopefully, just plan to enter the city tournament that week!
Tuesday and Wednesday nights are team event, while Thursday and Friday are Singles & Doubles. If lanes are available, some S&D could possibly be scheduled Wednesday. (All squads will begin at 6:30 p.m., with 10-minute warm-up beginning at 6:20 p.m.)
• Women’s and open division teams can select whichever night matches their schedule for the week.
• Women’s team (consists of 4 women bowlers) and open team (a combination of any 5 male or female bowlers).
• For Women’s and open S&D, your doubles division also determines what singles division you will bowl in.
• If entered in team, Singles, and Doubles, you may opt to enter the virtual All-events prize list which combines your first team, singles and doubles scores into a separate All-events open or women’s prize list. To enter, scores must be either women’s division or open division… you cannot combine separate division scores.
Don’t forget all your state tournaments too! 2021-2022 state tournament destinations (women’s, open and youth)
(Entry for women’s and open state tournaments both using a new online registration system — see below for more details.) MS USBC online tournament reservation/payment system (women’s and open) Call 616-635-2032 for additional help. To access this system, you will need your bowl.com community logon email address and to secure your dates/times, you will need your bowler ID numbers, along with a valid credit card too.
• 119th Annual MS USBC OPEN State Tournament, Livonia & Westland, weekends Feb. 5 through May 8. Visit the Website: www.michiganstateusbc. com/ for addition details. Questions: Contact the MS USBC office directly at 616-635-2032.
• 95th Annual MS USBC Women’s State Tournament, Muskegon, weekends Feb. 19 through May 8 (unless extended). Visit the Website: www.michiganstateusbc.com/ for additional details. Questions:
Contact the MS USBC office directly at 616-6352032.
• 40th Annual MS USBC Youth State Tournament, Bay City (Monitor & Alert Lanes), March 12 to April 24 (unless extended). All weekends currently open. Contact Becky Pope (989506-6299) for entry forms and additional details. Reserved entry request deadline: January 26, 2022. Final entry deadline: Feb.
16, website: www.michiganstateusbc.com
Northern Michigan Tournament
• Annual Northern Michigan Women’s Championship, Traverse City, March 5 to March 27, additional details pending. If interested in bowling in one of these March weekends, Contact Pam, 231947-2610 ext. 306 at Lucky Jack’s.
• Annual Northern Michigan Open Championship, Traverse City, April 10 to May 23, some details still pending. Contact Pam, 231-947-2610 ext. 306 at Lucky Jack’s for any weekend during the tournament next spring. MP USBC reserved weekend: April 30/May 1 — Locally, contact Dave Lewis (989560-8009) to reserve your team’s entry. A team reservation sheet is being circulated this month. Twelve of our 16 team-quota has already been reached.
National Adult tournaments USBC OPEN Championships in Las Vegas, NV (March 12-July 16) TEAM, D&S, & All-events include three divisions based on skill level. (All averages are converted to a Sport Average to determine skill level).
Regular Division, 176 and above, Standard Division 156-175 and Classified Division, for 155 or below. Dave Lewis has openings for Saturday/sunday, April 23 and April 24, 2022.
USBC Women’s Championships in nearby Addison, Illinois (April 24-July 10) Each year, more than 16,000 bowlers compete at the USBC Women’s Championships, the world’s largest participatory sporting event for women. The tournament is the highlight of the season for USBC female members. A vacation and/or an opportunity to compete in one of the sport’s most prestigious tournaments. The event features four divisions for team competition and six divisions for Doubles, Singles & All-events.
Mount Pleasant USBC — Serving all mid-michigan communities. (over 60 different mid-michigan cities are represented within our active bowlers from 20202021.)
See you “on the lanes” at Riverwood during the 2021-2022 season. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy.
Mid-michigan finds their bowling needs at Riverwood, Gateway, & Pins!