I’m a long-time sub­scriber and pres­i­dent of our lo­cal land trust, which has a ca. 1750 house that needs a new home. Do you know of com­pa­nies that help sell an­tique houses to be moved?

—Scott Peter­son, New Haven, Conn.

Old House Journal - - Restore -

You might look at the his­toric prop­er­ties di­vi­sions of large real-es­tate com­pa­nies. Talk to lo­cal and state his­toricp­reser­va­tion or­ga­ni­za­tions (ct­trust.org and por­tal.ct.gov/ser­vices/recre­ation/ his­toric-preser­va­tion).

Or con­tact New Eng­land com­pa­nies spe­cial­iz­ing in the re­lo­ca­tion of his­toric prop­er­ties, which in­clude: • the­coop­er­groupct.com • cr1981. com • his­toric-ar­chi­tec­ture.com • his­tori­chome­sinc.com • Robert Poth­ier First Pe­riod Colo­nial at nh­p­reser­va­tion. org. Good luck! —Pa­tri­cia Poore

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.