Passage Maker - - News & Notes -

Over the next four years, we tried sev­eral av­enues to get the per­mis­sion to go. The U.S. does not al­low Amer­i­cans to travel to Cuba as tourists, so first you need a rea­son to go that fits within the 12 cat­e­gories of al­lowed ac­tiv­i­ties. Ev­ery cruiser must ob­tain a CG 3300 “Ap­pli­ca­tion to En­ter Cuban Ter­ri­to­rial Seas” from the U.S. Coast Guard. For our ex­tended travel we also had to get a BIS Ex­port Li­cense which re­quired ap­proval from the Trea­sury De­part­ment, Home­land Se­cu­rity, De­part­ment of De­fense, the State De­part­ment, the De­part­ment of En­ergy, De­part­ment of Jus­tice, and the In­tel­li­gence Com­mu­nity. We ad­vise any­one want­ing to go to find both a lawyer fa­mil­iar with the process and a Cuba travel guide com­pany to pave your way.

Fi­nally, we saw the amaz­ing words “THE ABOVE PER­MIT HAS BEEN AP­PROVED.” In 2017, our Flem­ing 65, Blue Pearl,

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.