A full slate of scheduled matters at Tuesday’s Council meeting
To begin the first City Council meeting of the new year for Porterville, Marcia Dickey will be honored as an employee of the month for the city. A short presentation will be given to honor Dickey’s services to the city, and she will be permitted to say a few words before the rest of the meeting commences.
Following the employee of the month award, AB 1234 reports will be given. All concerning parties will be updated on the Tulare County Task Force on Homelessness, the Eastern Tule Groundwater Sustainability Agency Board, and the Tule River Improvement JPA.
Reports from committee representatives and city staff will follow. This will include reports and updates on the Parks and Leisure Services Committee, the Animal Control Commission, the Youth Commission, and the Transactions and Use Tax Oversight Committee.
City manager John Lollis will provide a status update on water conservation phase four.
Oral communications will open up, at which time members of the public are invited to address the Council on any matters under their jurisdiction. Each speaker will be given three minutes to speak.
The Council will move on to the consent calendar, which consists of sixteen items that will be listed at the end of this article. The entire consent calendar may be approved in one motion, unless members of the Council request an item to be pulled for further discussion.
A public hearing is scheduled for this meeting to address a possible conditional use permit for the sale of alcohol at a “bona fide eating place” to be located at 22 E. Oak Avenue.
The scheduled matters portion of this meeting is met with five items.
The first concerns an update regarding a Waterboards grant application for the provision of water to Akin Water Company - Phase 2.
The second is the consideration of Measure R funded bicycle/pedestrian improvement projects for prioritization. The third item addresses resolutions and agreements to allow for implementation of the Measure I Sales Tax, which was approved by voters during the Nov. 2018 election period.
The fourth item is the consideration of the proposed Measure I expenditure plan.
The fifth and final item on the agenda for scheduled matters is the consideration of the City Council procedural handbook.
This meetings consent calendar is as follows: • Authorization to purchase two Type 6 fire patrols for $356,948.21 • Authorization to advertise for bids for the library, fire sta-
tion, and airport asbestos and other hazardous materials abatement project in the amount of $80,994 • Award of contract for the household water tanks removal projects for $1,519,930 to West Valley Construction Company • Acceptance of projects to replace the roof and two HVAC systems at Fire Station #2 • Request for renewal of 5-year contract with Tesco Controls Incorporated
• Authorization to contract with Wastewater Solids Management Company to dewater anaerobic digester material
• Reconciliation of consultant agreements for construction surveying services
• Adoption of a resolution approving the program supplement for the purchase of two CNG powered municipal solid waste trucks
• Designate representatives for the city in matters associated with California Emergency Management Agency
• Extension of time for Sierra Valley tentative subdivision map
• Extension of time for Amalene Estates tentative subdivision map
• Adoption of the 2019/20 citizen participation plan and reappointment of existing members to the Citizens’ Advisory and Housing Opportunity Committee for a one-year term
• Approval to schedule a public hearing to allow for public comment and to consider adjusting rentable park space fees
• Facility use agreement renewal for Hayes Field between the City of Porterville and Porterville Girls Fast pitch
• Approval of the proposed budget calendar and the scheduling of the priority project study session
• Status and review of declaration of local emergency This City Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 15 beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the City Hall located at 291 N. Main Street.