BUTTERNUT SQUASH SPAGHETTI WITH TOASTED WALNUTS
ACTIVE 25 MIN. TOTAL 25 MIN. SERVES 4
8 oz spaghetti 1 medium butternut squash (top
“neck” portion only, about 12 oz)
4 Tbsp olive oil,
2 cloves garlic,
1/2 cup walnuts,
1/4 cup sage leaves,
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 cups baby kale 2 Tbsp sour cream 1 Tbsp whole-grain
mustard 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
1. Cook spaghetti per pkg. directions.
2. Meanwhile, peel squash neck (save remaining for other use) and spiralize on thin noodle setting. Cut any very long strands in half.
3. Heat 3Tbsp oil in large skillet on medium. Add garlic, walnuts, and sage and cook, stirring often, until nuts are lightly toasted and fragrant and garlic is golden brown, 4 to 5 min.; transfer to plate.
4. To same skillet, add remaining Tbsp oil and squash; toss to coat. Add wine and 1/4 tsp salt and cook, covered, until just tender, 3 to 5 min. Add cooked spaghetti and toss well.
5. Add kale, toss to combine, then stir in sour cream and mustard and simmer 2 min. Fold in walnut mixture and blue cheese.
PER SERVING 540 cal, 15 g pro, 58 g carb, 6 g fiber, 4 g sugars (0 g added sugars), 29.5 g fat (6.5 g sat), 14 mg chol, 360 mg sodium