Modern Harvest Runner
This fast and easy table runner can be made today and grace your table for the evening meal.
• 3/8 yard dark brown solid
• 1/2 yard total assorted solids
• 1/2 yard white solid
• Batting to size
• Backing to size
• Basic sewing tools and supplies
From dark brown solid:
• Cut 4 (21/4" by fabric width)
From assorted solids:
• Cut 16 (11/2" x 61/2") A rectangles. • Cut 16 (21/2" x 61/2") B rectangles. From white solid:
• Cut 2 (61/2" by fabric width) strips. Subcut strips into 16 each 11/2" x 61/2" C rectangles and 21/2" x 61/2" D rectangles.
COMPLETING THE RUNNER
1. Arrange and join four different B rectangles and four C rectangles to make a B-C strip as shown in Figure 1; press. Repeat to make a total of four
B-C strips. 2. Arrange and join four different A rectangles and four D rectangles to make an A-D strip as shown in Figure 2; press. Repeat to make a total of four A-D strips. 3. Arrange and join the B-C and
A-D strips referring to the Assembly Diagram to complete the runner top; press.
4. Create a quilt sandwich referring to Quilting Basics on page 110.
5. Quilt as desired.
6. Bind edges referring to Quilting Basics on page 110 to finish.
Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year, and I really enjoy working with the rich colors to design seasonal projects.” —Tricia Lynn Maloney