Pumpkin Spice Muffins
1 ¾ cup flour
½ cup coconut sugar ½ cup date sugar
1 tbsp baking powder ½ tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp allspice
½ tsp nutmeg
¾ tsp ground ginger 1 cup puréed pumpkin 2 tsp vanilla extract ½ cup almond milk ½ cup olive oil Chopped nuts, optional Brown sugar, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 375 º F.
2. Combine the flour, coconut sugar, date sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ground ginger in a medium- sized bowl. Mix Thoroughly.
3. Stir in the puréed pumpkin, vanilla, almond milk, and olive oil.
4. Line a muffin tin and fill each ⅔ of the way full. If desired, top with chopped nuts and sprinkle a ½ tsp of brown sugar on each muffin.
5. Bake for 16- 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the nuts begin to get a little too toasty before the muffins are done cooking, drape a sheet of aluminum foil over the pan.
6. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup!