1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided 1/ 2 cup brown rice syrup
1/ 3 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/ 2 teaspoon coarse salt
3 cups graham cracker cereal, such as Cascadian Farms Graham Crunch
1. Place 1/ 2 cup of the chocolate chips in the freezer. Line an 8×8- inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some hanging over the sides to easily lift out later. Coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown rice syrup, peanut butter and coconut oil. Cook and stir until smooth and creamy.
3. Remove from heat and add in the vanilla extract and salt. Next, stir in the graham cereal until the cereal is evenly coated. Quickly mix in the chocolate chips that were been in the freezer.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Firmly press the mixture into a compact, even layer. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
5. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set. Once cooled, remove the treats from the pan with the parchment handles. Cut into squares and serve.