Mushroom and Bean Pâté Served on Crunchy Bruschetta
Serves 4 as an appetizer
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 lb mushrooms, roughly chopped 6 sprigs of rosemary, fresh
2 sprigs of thyme, fresh
Pinch of sea salt
2 cups canned white beans, drained ½ cup water
1 French baguette
½ cup balsamic glaze
½ cup of olive oil
One clove of garlic crushed
Pro Tip: You can make your own balsamic glaze at home! Simply bring 2 cups of balsamic vinegar to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Gently heat until it is reduced to ½ cup.
Directions for the Pâté
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the diced onion and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
2. Add in the mushrooms, rosemary, thyme and salt. Cook for another 3- 4 minutes until the mushrooms are browned.
3. Stir in the beans and water, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Transfer everything to a food processor and blend on medium until it is a coarse mixture. Leave to cool
Directions for the Bruschetta
1. Preheat oven to 350 º F
2. Slice the baguette into 1” slices. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic glaze and garlic. Brush the balsamic mixture onto the bread, ensuring all the bread is coated.
3. Bake for 3- 4 minutes or until bread is browned. Top with pâté and enjoy.