Roasted Brussels Sprouts
1 lb Brussels sprouts, destemmed and quartered
½ lb red seedless grape, cut in half ¾ cup walnut pieces
3 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 tsp fresh sage, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 º F. Prepare a large roasting dish with a light coating of oil.
2. Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and toss in olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir in the grape halves, return to the oven for 5 more minutes or until the Brussels sprouts become tender.
3. While the sprouts and grapes are finishing cooking, toast the walnuts. Heat a heavy- bottomed skillet over low heat.
4. Once hot, add the walnuts to the pan and stir continuously until they become fragrant. Sprinkle with a dash of salt and remove from heat.
5. Once the sprouts are done, remove from the oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and stir in the walnuts. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with sage and serve.