GLUTEN- FREE GINGER COOKIES
( Yields about 2 dozen)
Ingredients: • 1 ⅔ cups gluten- free, all- purpose flour
• ⅔ cup almond flour
• ½ cup vegan butter, softened
• ⅓ cup arrowroot powder
• ⅔ cup + 3 tbsp organic cane sugar, divided • 3 tbsp aquafaba
• 3 tbsp molasses
• ¾ tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp ginger
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• ½ tsp sea salt
Method: 1. Preheat your oven to 375 º F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. Place 3 tablespoons sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon into a small bowl and combine. Set aside for the topping.
3. Add softened vegan butter to the bowl of your stand mixer. Using the beater blade, beat until creamy.
4. Add in the ⅔ cup sugar and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the aquafaba and molasses and mix again, scraping down the sides as needed. 5. In a medium- sized bowl, add baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt, stir to combine. Add in the gluten- free flour, almond flour, and arrowroot, stir until well- incorporated.
6. Gradually add the flour mixture in to the sugar and butter mixture with the beater on a low speed. Your dough should be thick and almost difficult to mix at this point. If it's too soft, add in 1 teaspoon each of gluten- free flour, cornstarch, and almond flour until a thick moldable dough forms. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for 30 mins.
7. Gently roll and form dough into 1- ½ inch balls. Carefully roll each ball in the cinnamon- sugar mixture from earlier and place on the baking sheet. Press down gently with the bottom of a drinking glass until the cookie is the desired thickness..
8. Bake for 10- 12 minutes, or until the cookies appear fluffy and the edges are beginning to dry out. Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to fully cool.