( Yields about 2 dozen)
Ingredients: • ½ cup vegan butter
• ⅔ cup + 3 tbsp organic cane sugar, divided
• 1- ½ cups all- purpose flour
• 1 tsp cream of tartar
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 1- ½ tsp + 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
• 1- 2 tbsp almond milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp almond extract
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• ¼ tsp salt ( omit salt if using a salted butter, such as
Earth Balance) Method:
1. Preheat oven to 375 º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, set aside. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, then mix in the lemon juice, vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, baking soda, 1- ½ teaspoons cinnamon and salt. The dough will be crumbly.
4. Add in 1 tablespoon almond milk, if the dough is still too dry, add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time until it forms a dough.
5. Roll the dough into 1- ½ inch balls and roll each one in the cinnamon- sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.