TRIPLE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT COOKIES
( Yields about 2 dozen)
Ingredients: • 1 cup vegan butter
• 1- ½ cups organic cane sugar
• 1 tbsp flax seed, ground
• 3 tbsp warm water
• ½ tsp peppermint extract
• 2- ½ cups all- purpose flour
• 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
• ⅓ cup black cocoa powder
• ⅓ cup Dutch processed cocoa powder • 1 full- sized candy cane, finely crushed • 1 tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp baking powder • ½ tsp salt
Method: 1. Preheat oven to 350 º F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flax and warm water. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and sugar. Add in the flax mixture and peppermint extract, beat until light and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour, salt, both cocoa powders, baking soda, baking powder and salt into the wet mixture, stirring as you sift. Mix until well- combined.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes..
6. Form into 1- inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
7. Using the bottom of a glass, gently press the tops down and top with a few more chocolate chips. Bake for 10- 12 minutes or until the edges start to look a little crispy.
8. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the crushed candy cane and let cool for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.