CANDIED WALNUT SPINACH & ARUGULA SALAD WITH RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE
• 3 cups baby spinach
• 3 cups baby arugula
• 1- ½ cups walnut pieces
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tbsp date sugar
• 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/ 2 cup fresh raspberries
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp water
• ¼ tsp salt
To make the candied walnuts: 1. Preheat oven to 325 º F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread walnuts onto baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes.
Let cool and set aside in a small bowl.
3. In a medium size bowl, combine maple syrup, date sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Whisk until completely smooth.
4. Add walnuts and toss to lightly coat. Pour walnuts back onto lined baking sheet. ➢
5. Bake, stirring occasionally, until walnuts are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
To make the vinaigrette:
Add raspberries, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, olive oil, white wine vinegar, water and salt to a blender and blend until smooth.
Toss spinach and arugula together, top with candied walnuts and drizzle with dressing. * If you’re looking to amp up the nutrition factor even further, add fresh raspberries and sprinkle with hemp seeds!