Red Eye Chicago

Boy severely burned after oil from turkey frier spills over

-

A 5-year-old Wheeling boy was severely burned by hot oil Sunday when he accidental­ly knocked over a turkey fryer while riding his bicycle around his home. The boy was riding around the house when his bike crashed into the fryer, which was set up alongside the driveway and filled with boiling cooking oil, Wheeling Fire Lt. Bart Burns said. The oil spilled over nearly 60 percent of the boy’s body.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United States