Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., Term for trees that seasonally shed leaves.
1. Which tree is often described as “weeping”? Answer________
2. Name of the line marking the upper limit of tree growth in mountains or northern latitudes. Answer________
3. Quote the next line of the poem: “I think that I shall never see.”
4. The diet of a koala is largely made up of leaves from this tree. Answer________
5. In the fir tree, the seeds are not held in the
flowers but in the _ _ _ _ _. Answer________ 6. Which tree is central to the flag of Lebanon?
7. Which poem contains: “Now, of my threescore years and ten, Twenty will not come again”? Answer________
8. Betty Smith wrote this semi-biographical novel with a title that contains “Tree.” Answer________
9. What type of tree is considered to be the tallest in the world?
18 points — congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points — honors graduate; 10 to 14 points — you’re plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points — you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points — enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points — who reads the questions to you?