Bartow museum gets digital grant
Bartow County History Museum is among the six institutions to be awarded service grants aimed at broadening participation in the Digital Library of Georgia.
DLG staff will perform digitization and descriptive services on historical text, graphic and audiovisual materials. The Bartow History Center is at 4 E. Church St., Cartersville.
The project will digitize part of a collection of county documents dating back to 1850.
Other recipients are Athens-Clarke County Library Heritage Room, Booker T. Washington High School in Atlanta, Fulton County Schools Archives, Thomasville History Center and University of West Georgia Special Collections in Carrollton.
Based at the University of Georgia Libraries, the Digital Library of Georgia is a GALILEO initiative that collaborates with Georgia’s libraries, archives, museums and other institutions of education and culture to provide access to key information resources on Georgia history, culture and life.
It also serves as a service hub for the Digital Public Library of America and as the home of the Georgia Newspaper Project, the state’s historic newspaper microfilming project.