Royal Oak Tribune
• David Bowie Birthday Concert: Presented by David Bowie pianist Mike Garson, with special guests, livestream, 9 p.m. Jan. 8, available to watch for 24 hours, rollinglivestudios.com/ bowie, $60+.
• Moscow Ballet: Dec. 19-Jan. 1, livestream, $24.99+.
• The Weeknd: Originally scheduled for June 27, now June 24, Little Caesars Arena, Detroit, $49+.
• Halsey: June 25, DTE Energy Music Theatre, Independence Twp. $70+.
• KidZBop Live: rescheduled from June 20 to Aug. 28, DTE Energy Music Theatre, Independence Twp., $25+.
• The Doobie Brothers: rescheduled from Aug. 2 to Sept. 2, DTE Energy Music Theatre, Independence Twp., $29.50+
• Tame Impala: rescheduled from May 31 to Oct. 5 Little Caesars Arena, Detroit, $47+.
• Trans-Siberian Orchestra: “Christmas Eve and Other Stories Live In Concert”
Dec. 18, livestream, trans-siberian.com, family-friendly, $30. Video on demand
Tickets will be honored for rescheduled shows. Ticketholders have 30 days to request a refund at point of purchase. Tickets on sale at Ticketmaster.com or 800-7453000, Livenation.com, 313Presents.com.
• Virtual Workshops: Character Design for Animation (for grades 6-12), 10:30 a.m.-noon, Nov. 7, 14 and 21, $60/member, $100/guest. Sponsored by Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center, register at BBArtCenter.org, 248-644-0866.
• “Gifts of Quarantine”: Socially distanced opening reception for artist Mary Lou Stropoli 5-8 p.m. Nov. 7, exhibit through Dec. 23, KickstART Gallery & Shop, 33304 Grand River Ave., Farmington.
• “Ofrendas- Celebrating el Día de Muertos”: 8th Annual, through Nov. 8,
The Detroit Institute of Arts, features ofrendas, (altars) created by local artists in celebration of Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead), honoring the life and memory of lost loved ones. Timed tickets to DIA or virtual viewing at dia.org/ofrendas2020 or 313-833-4005.
• Watercolor Painting class: 7-9 p.m. Nov. 10, five-week class, Articipate Gallery Berkley, 3833 12 Mile Road, Berkley, 248-812-9022, welcome@articipate. us, articipate.us, $140 each, limited to six participants.
• Michigan Ceramics 2020 exhibit: through Nov. 12, Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center, BBArtCenter.org. Other exhibits include Emily Elconin “Her Evolution”; “Heroes-Now & Then”; Students of Andrea Tama. Open to free in-person viewing for fall exhibitions or online.
• Anton Art Market: Nov. 13-Dec. 22, Anton Art Center, Mount Clemens, shop virtual, curbside or have items shipped, theartcenter.org. Holiday silent auction, Nov. 13-Dec. 11.
• Whimsical Weaving: Virtual makea-long 2-3 p.m. Nov. 14, online through Zoom, Lyon Township Public Library in South Lyon, register to receive a craft kit with instructions, bit.ly/3kZ3q4q.
• SatARTday @ Home: Creating Found Object Art with Daren Dundee 6 p.m. Nov. 14, virtual, Anton Art Center, Mount Clemens, theartcenter.org.
• Art Sale: Ceramics Department Cup
Sale and Alumni Pop-Up Museum Shop 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 14-15, Cranbrook Academy of Art and Cranbrook Art Museum, cranbrook.edu.
• “Voting Matters”: Interactive multimedia exhibition illustrates work of AfricanAmericans from pre-Reconstruction to present day, voting rights around the world, through April 4 at 315 E. Warren Ave., Detroit, thewright.org/exhibitions/ voting-matters.
• DIA at Home: Family art projects Neighborhood Collage and Art-Making-Stabiles, freestanding geometric sculptures. Access the Detroit Institute of Arts online to view collections and online resources for children and adults, dia.org/athome, dia. org/education/resources, dia.org/videos. The DIA open Wednesday-Sunday; timed entry tickets at dia.org.
• Marquis Hill-New Gospel Revisited:
7 and 9 p.m. Nov. 6-7, The Blue LLama
Jazz Club, 314 S. Main St., Ann Arbor, livestream, bluellamaclub.com, $65 each.
• Instrumental Musicianship Symposium: 9 a.m.-3:45 p.m. Nov. 7, online via Zoom. Musicianship development for Oakland University students, high school instrumentalists (strings, winds, brass and percussion) and instrumental music educators. Featuring members of “The President’s Own” United States Marine Band and Chamber Orchestra and Regina Carter, jazz violinist, virtual and free. Registration required, oakland.edu/smtd/ community-engagement.
• New Destiny Quartet, Danny Funderburk: 6 p.m. Nov. 7, Full Gospel Temple 34033 Palmer Road, Westland, newdestinyqt.com, $5+.
• Marcus Elliot and Michael Malis: 7:30 p.m. Nov. 11, 3711 Woodward Ave., 313576-5111, $20, tickets.dso.org/ booking/ production/ bestavailable/ 7216.
• Annual Holiday Pops with the Phil: 6, 8 p.m. Dec. 11, Our Lady of Good Counsel in Plymouth, socially distanced seating and masks required.
• Le Vent du Nord: 7:30 p.m. Nov. 12, online, The Ark in Ann Arbor, theark.org, $10+.