Heat­ing glitch blamed in es­cape room deaths

San Antonio Express-News (Sunday) - - NATION | WORLD -

WAR­SAW — A faulty heat­ing sys­tem ap­peared to have caused a fire at a house in north­ern Poland where five teenage girls died while locked in­side a recre­ational es­cape room that was in­stalled in the rented dwelling, in­ves­ti­ga­tors said Satur­day.

Fire­fight­ers in the city of Kosza­lin found the bod­ies of the 15-year-old vic­tims Fri­day.

Au­top­sies showed the girls died of smoke in­hala­tion, pros­e­cu­tors said.

A 26-year-old man em­ployed at the lo­ca­tion was hos­pi­tal­ized with burns.

Play­ers in es­cape room games are locked in­side a room or build­ing and must solve puz­zlesthat lead them to the key to un­lock the door.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.