Mom’s Potato Pancakes
Like us, you’ll flip over this family favorite—a crispy, savory sidekick perfect for almost any meal. Pass the applesauce.
4 cups shredded peeled potatoes (about 4 large potatoes)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. grated onion 1 tsp. salt
1/₄ tsp. pepper
Oil for frying chopped parsley, optional
1. SHRED Using a food processor or box grater, shred the potatoes.
2. SQUEEZE Drape a large towel over a bowl. Add potatoes. Gather up towel ends and squeeze excess water into bowl. Empty bowl and add potatoes.
3. MIX Stir egg, flour, onion, salt and pepper into the potatoes.
4. SIZZLE Heat ¼ in. of oil in a large nonstick skillet. In batches, drop mixture by 1/₃ cupfuls into oil; flatten slightly. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides.
5. SERVE Drain pancakes on paper towels. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.