• $n aOO-Gay RSHn KRuVH anG :139 $0 1440 /LYH Broadcast beginning at 12:10 p.m. will be held Tuesday, Sept. 25 at Encore Experiences at Harleysville, 312 Alumni Ave. in celebration of National Senior Center Month. The PEAK CHntHr, 315 :HVt 0aLn 6t., Lansdale, along with Encore, will be offering free exercise classes, giveaways and much more! Information: 215-256-6900 or 215362-7432.
•$ Nutrition for Seniors session will be held Thursday, Sept. 27 from 9:4510:45 a.m. at The PEAK CHntHr, 315 :HVt 0aLn 6t., Lansdale. Energy ups and downs can be as simple as your diet. This lecture presented by Katie Marger is free and is provided by the 0RntgRPHry CRunty 2IfiFH of Aging and Adult Services. Information: 215-362-7432 Rr ZZZ.SHakFHntHr.Rrg.
•$ Ladore Lodge Trip is being planned for Oct. 8-12 sponsored by Encore Experiences at Harleysville, 312 Alumni Ave. The lodge is ORFatHG Ln 1RrtKHaVt 3Hnnsylvania on 1,400 acres of ErHatKtakLng ZRRGOanGV anG trails. Cost is $270Ldouble; $395Lsingle. Prices include lodging, transportation, HOHYHn PHaOV anG VnaFkV. Information: 215-256-6900.
• $n Evening Meal will be held Thursday, Oct. 11 from 5-6:30 p.m. at Encore Experiences at Harleysville, 312 Alumni Ave. Cost is $5.95 plus tax. Hearty penne beef, tossed salad, gingerVnaS SuPSkLn GHVVHrt, FRIfee and tea will be served. This meal is open to the public; reservations requested; takH RutV arH aYaLOaEOH. 7R reserve your spot by Oct. 8, call 215-256-6900.
•$ Senior Crime Prevention program will be held :HGnHVGay, 2Ft. 24 at 12:30 p.m. at Encore Experiences at Harleysville, 312 Alumni $YH. 7KH 3$ 2IfiFH RI $ttRrney General will present this free program. Information: 215-256-6900.
• $ SrRgraP Rn Cataracts ZLOO EH KHOG :HGnHVGay, Oct. 31 at 1 p.m. at Encore Experiences at Harleysville, 312 Alumni Ave. Ophthalmology Physicians and Surgeons, PC will present this free program. Information: 215-256-6900.
•$ PDFLfiF 1RrWKZHVW and California Trip, featurLng :aVKLngtRn, 2rHgRn and California, is planned IRr -unH 24--uOy 1, 2013 Ey Encore Experiences at Harleysville and The PEAK Center of Lansdale. Rates SHr SHrVRn: DRuEOH, $2509; Single, $3159; Triple, $2479. Information: Kay Pagni, 215-256-6900.
• Monthly Diabetic Shoe Fitting will be offered the firVt 7uHVGay RI HaFK PRntK at 10 a.m. at Encore Experiences at Harleysville, 312 Alumni Ave. Information: 215-256-6900.
• Credit Card Counseling is available at Encore Experiences at Harleysville Senior Center, 312 Alumni Ave. on the second and fourth Tuesday of each PRntK. 7R PakH an aSSRLntment, call 610-275-4357.
• Apprise, a free health insurance counseling program, will be available the second :HGnHVGay RI HaFK PRntK at 7 p.m. at Indian salley Public Library, 100 E. Church Ave., Telford. Apprise voluntHHr, 5Ry -annHnga ZLOO EH there to answer your questions. Information: 215-7239109, ext. 103.
• (nFRrH (xSHrLHnFHV at Harleysville Senior Center, 312 Alumni Ave., offers Walk Aerobics Mondays, :HGnHVGayV, anG )rLGayV at 9 a.m. $1 per session; Stretch and Tone Mondays, :HGnHVGayV, )rLGayV at 9:45 a.m. $1 per session; Tai Chi 0RnGayV anG :HGnHVGayV at 10:45 a.m. and Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. $2 per session.; Pilates with Paula Tuesdays at 9 a.m. $1 per session; Core Fitness Thursdays 9:15 a.m. $1 per session; Line Dancing Thursdays at 10:15 a.m. $2 per session; Cardio Dance Class Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. $1 per ses-
sion; Cardio Sculpt Class Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. $2 per session and Tap Dancing Fridays at 10:30 a.m. $1 per session. Information: 215-256-6900.
• *HnHrDWiRnV RI ,ndiDn salley, 259 North Second St., Souderton, presents Flexercise Mondays and Fridays at 9 a.m. $1 per session; Low and Go Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:15 a.m. $1 per session; Sit/Stretch/ Flex Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9 a.m. $1 per session; Step Interval Wednesdays at 9 a.m. $1 per session; Tai Chi Mondays and Fridays at 10:30 a.m. $3 per session; Hatha Yoga Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 a.m. $3 per session; Balanced Moves Wednesdays at 1 p.m. $1 per session; and Balletone Wednesdays at 4 p.m. $3 per session. Information: 215723-5841 or visit www.genHrDWiRnVRfiv.Rrg.
• 7hH Creative Writing Group DW *HnHrDWiRnV RI Indian salley meets the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 1 p.m. Information: 215-723-5841.
• APPRISE is a federally funded insurance counseling program designed to educate older people and their families on the wide range of available health insurance options, including Medicare, Medigap, HMOs and other government programs. APPRISE counselors can answer questions about benHfiWV Dnd RWhHr inIRrPDWiRn, help with forms and make references to appropriate government agencies. Information: 215-348-0510, ext. 207.
• 3rRMHFW MEDS (Medication Education Designed for seniors) educates older adults, caregivers and others concerning the proper use of prescribed and overthe-counter medications and alcohol. Senior volunteers are available to provide a free half-hour presentation to groups. Information: 215348-0510, ext. 246.
• 7hH Memoirs Group of *HnHrDWiRnV RI ,ndiDn 9DOOHy meets each Monday from 1-3 p.m. at 259 N. Second Street, Souderton. Information: 215-723-5669.
• 7hH $PHriFDn 5Hd CrRVV has developed a Personal Safety for Seniors Training Course. This training will be offered at businesses, senior citizen centers, hospitals, and senior residences; also for home care providers, employers, visiting nurse associations, ShyViFiDnV’ RIfiFHV Dnd RWhHr interested parties. InformaWiRn: 1-800-42-C5266 Rr 215-299-4085.