Test your knowledge of current events from the week of Nov. 18.
1. A submarine with 44 people aboard that vanished a year ago off the coast of what country was found, although the country lacks the technology to reach the depths to recover it?
2. Screenwriter William Goldman died recently at age 87. Which of the following movies did he write, based on a book he had also written?
A. “All of the President’s Men.”
B. “Marathon Man.”
C. “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.”
D. “The Princess Bride.”
3. When touring the devastation caused by the California wildfires, President Trump talked about forest management as a potential cause, referring to the methods used by what country as an example of good maintenance? A. Poland.
4. Police in Paris have started to crack down on people buying or renting
what to pose in selfies with?
A. Assault rifles.
B. Parachutes for base jumping.
C. Sports cars that specialize in high speeds.
D. Cubs from lions, tigers and other big cats.
5. A black conservative group is criticizing the Detroit Board of Education for its decision to consider renaming a school named after HUD Secretary Ben Carson. What is his connection to the city?
A. He was born there.
B. He launched a housethe-homeless initiative there.
C. He served his neuroscience residency there.
D. He has no connection to the city.
6. A police officer and two other people were killed in an attack at a hospital in which U.S. city? A. Chicago.
C. San Francisco.
D. New Orleans.
7. Which person in the Trump Administration has been discovered using a personal email account to conduct government business?
A. Jeff Sessions. B. Ivanka Trump. C. Ryan Zinke. D. Betsy DeVos.
8. Sen. Cindy HydeSmith, a Republican who represents what state, is under fire for saying “If he [a supporter] invited me to a public hanging, I’d be on the front row”? A. Georgia.
D. North Carolina.
9. Former workers from this company that has declared bankruptcy will receive severance payments from a $20 million fund.
B. Remington Outdoor. C. Toys R Us.
10. Health officials warned people against eating what because of the most recent widespread E. coli outbreak? A. Green beans.
D. Romaine lettuce.
President Trump and other officials tour a mobile home and RV park in Paradise, Calif.