Test your knowledge of current events from the week of Dec. 30.
1. Which nation landed a probe on the far side of the moon and is exploring the lunar surface? A. United States.
C. European Union.
2. Saudi Arabia said that it will seek the death penalty against how many suspects in the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi?
3. A landmark election, the first transfer of power through voting since this country gained independence in 1960, occurred where?
D. Democratic Republic of Congo.
4. Daryl Dragon died on Wednesday at the age of
76. He was part of which musical act?
B. The Temptations.
C. Jefferson Airplane.
D. The Captain and Tennille.
5. An intern was mauled and killed by a lion at a wildlife center where?
B. North Carolina.
C. South Carolina.
6. What woman took the first step toward a presidential bid in 2020?
A. Sen. Elizabeth Warren.
B. House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi.
C. Former First Lady Michelle Obama.
D. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
7. Which state enacted the nation’s lowest DUI threshold, 0.05 percent? A. Texas.
C. Illinois. D. Maine.
8. What was the top grossing movie of 2018?
A. “Avengers: Infinity War.”
B. “Incredibles 2.”
C. “Black Panther.”
D. “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.”
9. Who was named the most admired man by Americans in a recent Gallup poll?
A. Joe Biden.
B. Donald Trump.
C. Barack Obama.
D. Bill Clinton.
10. Who was named the most admired woman by Americans in a recent Gallup poll?
A. Elizabeth Warren.
B. Melania Trump.
C. Michelle Obama.
D. Hillary Clinton.
This picture taken from a lunar probe shows an image of the “dark side” of the moon.