Test your knowledge of current events from the week of Jan. 6.
1. Harold Brown, 91, a nuclear physicist who led the Pentagon to modernize its defense systems, died last week. He served as defense secretary under which president? A. George H.W. Bush.
B. Jimmy Carter.
C. George W. Bush.
D. Bill Clinton.
2. A flash flood where killed at least 30 villagers searching for gold in a riverbed?
3. President Trump has threatened to declare a national emergency in order to fund a border wall between the U.S. and Mexico. If that occurs, from where did he say he would divert the money? A. Congressional pay.
B. Medicare funds.
C. Disaster funding.
D. Social Security.
4. In which state did former felons become eligible to vote, after an amendment passed in November went into effect? A. California.
5. According to a court filing, who apparently shared polling data during the 2016 presidential campaign with Konstantin Kilimnik, a business partner in Ukraine who allegedly has ties to Russian intelligence? A. Paul Manafort.
B. Michael Cohen.
C. Donald Trump Jr.
D. Mike Pence.
6. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos made a big announcement on Twitter this week. What was it?
A. Divorce after 25-year marriage.
B. Investment in selfdriving autos.
C. Purchase of another media group.
D. Move company HQ.
7. A 13-year-old girl whose parents were killed when she was kidnapped has been found alive where?
8. Which automaker agreed to pay millions to settle allegations it cheated on emissions tests?
C. Fiat Chrysler.
9. Disgraced actor Kevin Spacey was arraigned in court in which state for a sexual assault case? A. New York.
10. Which film was considered the big winner at the Golden Globes, winning three of the awards?
A. “Bohemian Rhapsody.”
B. “Green Book.”
D. “A Star is Born.”
President Trump makes his plea Tuesday night from the Oval Office of the White House.
Actress Sandra Oh