Test your knowledge of current events from the week of Jan. 27.
1. The conservative Koch political network, a monied and pivotal player in mobilizing voters on the right for more than a decade, made a major announcement about the
2020 presidential campaign. What was it?
A. Full monetary backing for Donald Trump’s reelection campaign.
B. Withholding backing to reelect Trump, focusing instead on U.S. Senate and governor seats.
C. Switching backing to Howard Schultz, former Starbucks CEO who said he will run as an independent.
D . One of the Koch brothers will run for president.
2. With Friday’s announcement by Cory Booker of New Jersey, the Democratic ticket for the
2020 primary is getting fuller. Who was the first woman to declare her candidacy for president, the first on a major political party’s ticket, in January 1972?
A. Rep. Geraldine Ferraro, D-N.Y.
B. Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.
C. Rep. Shirley Chisholm, D-N.Y.
D. Former Gov. Ella T. Grasso of Connecticut.
3. President Donald Trump temporarily ended the government shutdown soon after the Federal Aviation Administration announced it was restricting flights into and out of which airport due to staffing concerns?
4. Republican operative and Trump adviser Roger Stone was arrested on a federal indictment outlining efforts by Trump's campaign to seek Democratic
Party emails backed by Russia. Stone has a tattoo of which former U.S. president on his back?
A. Andrew Jackson.
B. George H.W. Bush.
C. Ronald Reagan.
D. Richard Nixon.
5. Ramping up pressure to unseat the government of President Nicolas Maduro, the Trump administration sanctioned which country's oil company?
6. A dam collapse at an iron ore mine caused a torrent of muddy sludge to slide toward a nearby town, killing more than
100 people and leaving countless others missing. Where did this happen? A. India.
7. A major bug was discovered in an iPhone app that allowed users to listen in on other users without their knowledge. Which app was it? A. Snapchat.
B. Skype. C. FaceBook. D. FaceTime.
8. Which international athlete announced retirement from the sport due the continuing effects of previous injuries?
A. Skier Lindsey Vonn. B. Golfer Phil Mickelson. C . Basketball player Dwyane Wade.
D. Football player Eli Manning.
9. Which former Republican presidential candidate released a memoir, titled “Let Me Finish”? A. Jeb Bush.
B. Chris Christie.
C. Ted Cruz.
D. John Kasich.
10. The state attorney for what U.S. city says that her office will not prosecute marijuana cases any longer, freeing up time to pursue charges for violent crimes as well as improve community relations?
B. Los Angeles.
C. New York City.
This satellite image shows flooding mud days after a mining company's dam collapsed. Authorities tried to slow the reddish-brown mud that was heading down a small river.