South Florida Sun-Sentinel (Sunday)
News quiz Test your knowledge of current events for the week of Nov. 29
1. One of the most powerful telescopes in the world, managed by the University of Central Florida and owned by the U. S. National Science Foundation, has collapsed. Where was it located?
A. Cape Canaveral, Florida.
B. Puerto Rico.
C. Las Cruces, New Mexico.
D. Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
2. A spacecraft landed on the moon to bring back lunar rocks for the first time since the 1970s. Which country is behind the mission?
3. How much money has President Donald Trump raised since his Election Day defeat for his “election defense fund?”
A. $17 million.
B. $47 million.
4. President Donald Trump has threatened to veto a popular defense bill unless Congress does what?
A. Repeals a communications code that protects Big Tech companies from content liability.
B. Passes a coronavirus spending relief bill.
C. Provides funding to finish the border wall with Mexico before January.
D. Ends the use of the Electoral College.
5. President Donald Trump’s daughter and senior White House adviser Ivanka Trump was deposed for more than five hours about what issue?
A. Potential ballot fraud in Georgia and Michigan.
B. Trade agreement violations with China regarding her clothing brand.
C. Real estate holdings by the Trump foundation in New York.
D. Allegations that the
2017 Inaugural Committee misused donor funds.
6. A diagnostics firm based in St. Louis has developed a blood test that the company says can diagnose what?
A. Alzheimer’s disease.
C. Early predictor of eating disorders.
D. Sleep apnea.
7. David Prowse, a British weightlifter-turned-actor, has died at the age of 85. He was best known for playing what movie character?
B. Darth Vader.
C. Freddy Krueger
D. The Terminator.
8. Book publisher Simon &Schuster was purchased in a megadeal by what organization?
B. Harper Collins.
C. Penguin Random House.
9. Which artist garnered themost Grammy nominations?
A. Taylor Swift.
D. Billie Eilish.
10. Soccer great Diego Maradona, who died last
weekat60, was from what country?
D )(10. B );(9. C );( 8. B );(7. A );(6. D );(5. A );(4. D );(3. C );(2. B );(1. Answers: