Nominations being sought for Talbot teachers, staff awards
EASTON — Talbot County Public Schools has announced that the process to select the 2019 Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year has begun.
Nominations are being sought for a “teacher or member of the TCPS support staff who is truly outstanding, has made a significant impact on your family, and/or goes above and beyond in their commitment as a professional? The Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year programs are a fantastic way to recognize educators who exemplify this year’s theme, #WeAreTCPS,” according to a TCPS press release.
“The Talbot County Teacher of the Year program honors teachers who represent the best in the profession,” the release stated. “It provides the opportunity to recognize outstanding teachers who are doing incredible things both inside and outside of the classroom. It also helps us to focus positive attention on public education.”
The teacher must meet the following requirements to be considered for the Talbot County Teacher of the Year:
• Hold state certification in area(s) of assignment, pre-K through
• Be a current, full-time classroom teacher as defined by a teaching contract, to include: librarians, specialists, intervention teachers, ESL teachers, gifted education teachers, instructional coaches and special education teachers
• Have a minimum of five years of exemplary teaching experience
• Plan to continue in an active teaching status for at least one year
• Submit a professional resume that addresses the following: education, certifications, experience, leadership and awards/other recognition.
The Talbot County Support Staff of the Year program recognizes exceptional support professionals such as instructional assistants, bus drivers, custodians, plant operations staff, administrative support, and other noncertified TCPS Team members who exemplify a positive attitude toward their role, strengthen and improve the learning environment, and demonstrate a strong belief in the value of public education.
Any individual within the school system or any member of the community may nominate a candidate to apply to be Talbot’s Teacher of the Year or Support Staff of the Year. The nomination forms are available online on the TCPS website homepage www. talbotschools.org.
Nominations are due by Friday, Feb. 1. They will be reviewed by the selection committee to ensure that each candidate meets stated criteria and submitted to administrators for approval. Eligible nominees will choose whether or not to submit an application packet for consideration. Four finalists will be selected for both Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year. Finalists are recognized and winners announced at the annual Talbot Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year Celebration on April 11.