Smoky Grilled Pizza with Greens & Tomatoes
This smoky grilled pizza scores big with me for two reasons. It encourages my husband and son to eat greens, and it showcases fresh produce. —Sarah Gray, Erie, CO
Prep: 15 min. + rising • Grill: 10 min • Makes: 2 pizzas (4 slices each)
3 cups all-purpose flour 2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. active dry yeast 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1¹ ₄ to 1¹ ₂ cups warm water
(120° to 130°)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
10 cups beet greens,
4 garlic cloves, minced 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar ³₄ cup prepared pesto
³₄ cup shredded Italian
¹₂ cup crumbled feta cheese 2 medium heirloom
tomatoes, thinly sliced ¹₄ cup fresh basil leaves,
1. Place flour, salt and yeast in a food processor; pulse until blended. While processing, add 2 Tbsp. oil and enough water in a steady stream for dough to form a ball. Turn the dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes.
2. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic
wrap and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1¹₂ hours.
3. Punch down dough. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into two portions. Press or roll each portion into a 10-in. circle; place each on a 12x12-in. piece of greased foil. Brush tops with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest 10 minutes.
4. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add beet greens; cook and stir until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add minced garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat; stir in the balsamic vinegar.
5. Carefully invert pizza crusts onto oiled grill rack; remove foil. Grill, covered, over medium heat until the bottoms are lightly browned,
3-5 minutes. Turn; grill until second side begins to brown, 1-2 minutes.
6. Remove from grill. Spread with pesto; top with beet greens, cheeses and tomatoes. Return pizzas to grill. Cook, covered, over medium heat until cheese is melted, 2-4 minutes. Sprinkle with basil.
Per slice: 407 cal., 20g fat (5g sat. fat), 11mg chol., 1007mg sod., 44g carb.
(3g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g pro.