WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN
Auditions for 13th annual
“Night of 1000 Stars.” Looking for performers ages 5- 19. Singers, dancers, actors and musicians. Each act needs to prepare three different numbers. Bring all instruments and costumes with you to auditions. Must be available to attend at least one dress rehearsal March 18- 21. Community performances are March 22- 24. Auditions are Friday ( Feb. 16), 4- 7 p. m.; Saturday ( Feb. 17), noon- 4 p. m.; and Sunday ( Feb. 18), noon- 4 p. m. at Taos Youth Ballet, 1027 Salazar Road, Enchanted Plaza, Taos. Free. Call Cindy Valerio ( 575) 770- 7658. Taos High School art exhibit,
“The Dark Wood, Dante’s Inferno.” Drawing, colored pencil and painting. An exhibit of more than 50 pieces by 27 Taos High art students. Taos Town Hall, 400 Camino de la Placita, Taos. Free. Call ( 575) 779- 8579. Godly Play Montessori for ages nursery through sixth grade, features African musical instruments and visual arts to enhance spiritual direction where critical thinking of biblical stories is promoted. The program is offered Sundays from 9: 15- 11 a. m. at St. James Episcopal Church, 208 Camino de Santiago, Taos. Harwood Museum of Art,
238 Ledoux St. Kids and youth activities include “Family Guides,” a free program with admission to the museum, but always free to children and teens. The guides offer activities to deepen art viewing as a family activity. Call ( 575) 7589826. Scouting
• Cub Scouts, for boys grades one through five, meets Tuesdays, 6- 7 p. m. at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- day Saints ( LDS Church), 235 Camino de Santiago. Call Rachael Mondragón, ( 575) 770- 0705.
• Girl Scouts, for girls in kindergarten to 12th grade. Multiple troops meeting in Taos. Call Carrie ( 505) 670- 1139.
• Boy Scouts, ages 11- 18. Troop 98 meets each Sunday from 3: 30- 4: 30 p. m. at St. James Episcopal Church, 208 Camino de Santiago. Call ( 575) 224- 9268 or check facebook. com/ troop98taos for meeting
Sewing classes for kids
and teens ( 9- 18 years of age) offered free, Tuesdays ( Tuesdays and Thursdays ( 4- 5: 30 p. m.), Mondays ( 12: 30- 2p. m.) at Wholly Rags Studio, 1337 Gusdorf Road, Suite L. Call Melissa at ( 575) 751- 9862 to sign up. Talpa Community Center.
Classes are free. Call ( 575) 7511014.
• Ceramic classes for kids ages 7- 12 occur the third Saturday of
each month year- round from 10 a. m.- noon. Snacks are included. • Pre- teen sewing and quilting classes are the second Saturday of each month year- round from 10 a. m.- noon. Taos Art Museum at Fechin
House, 227 Paseo del Pueblo Norte, Taos. Free parking. Call ( 575) 758- 2690, ext. 101 or visit
taosartmuseum. org. Museum hours: 10 a. m.- 4 p. m. TuesdaySunday.
• Treasure Hunt: Pick up clues at front desk, search, win a prize during museum hours. Taos County Imagination
Library. Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is a 60- volume set of books ( beginning with “The Little Engine That Could”). Each month, a new book is mailed to the child’s home for free. Preschool children ages birth to 5 years who are residents
of Taos County are eligible. To sign up and learn more, visit
imaginationlibrary. com or visit Taos Public Library, 402 Camino de la Placita. If assistance is needed, call Dr. Caryle Zorumski at ( 575) 751- 0449. Taos Youth & Family Center,
407 Paseo del Cañón. Call ( 575) 758- 4160.
• Taos Youth Soccer League. Contact registrar Rohm Padilla at rohm4@ msn. com.
• Taos Swim Club, for all ages and all levels of swimmers — beginners to masters. Contact Alfredo Aleman, ( 985) 7096456, email taostigersharks@ gotmail. com. Twirl Play and Discovery
Space, 225 Camino de la Placita. Call Anais, ( 575) 751- 1402, or see twirltaos. org. All classes are free.
• Tuesdays, 11- 11: 45 a. m., “Theater Play,” storytelling,
puppetry, role playing for
1- 3- year- olds.
• Fridays: 10: 15- 10: 45 a. m., “Family Music,” class for parents and toddlers ( 18 months- 3 years) – singing, percussion and movement; 11- 11: 45 a. m., preschool ballet, a gentle introduction to the world of dance for 3- to 6- year- olds; 1: 302 p. m., “Baby Music,” class for parents and babies ( newborn- 18 months). Learn music through singing, percussion and movement.
• Saturdays: 11a. m.- 1 p. m., crafting, upstairs.
IN ADDITION TO A READING of a children’s book, “Once Upon a Tome,’ by Taos writer John Biscello. There were also fun activities for youth Feb. 3 at Twirl Play and Discovery Space.