90-year-old woman and 3 of­fi­cers in­jured in Es­sex house fire

The Avenue News - - NEWS -

A 90-year-old woman and three of­fi­cers were in­jured on the evening of Tues­day, Oc­to­ber 16, in a sin­gle-alarm Es­sex house fire.

BCoPD fire in­ves­ti­ga­tors have ruled this an ac­ci­den­tal fire; it be­gan in a first-floor bed­room, where a heat lamp used to warm a pet lizard fell over and ig­nited.

BCoPD of­fi­cers ar­rived at 8:05 p.m. at the home in the unit block of Rus­sell Frost Ct., 21221. Fire units were dis­patched at 8:06 p.m.

The of­fi­cers found the el­derly woman out­side the home when they ar­rived. They went in­side the house and at­tempted to put out the fire us­ing an ex­tin­guisher, but evac­u­ated af­ter a short time and waited for fire per­son­nel to ar­rive.

En­gine 511 (Es­sex VFD) was the first-ar­riv­ing unit; fire­fight­ers quickly ex­tin­guished the fire and placed it un­der con­trol at 8:26 p.m.

The woman was trans­ported to Johns Hop­kins Bayview Med­i­cal Cen­ter.

The three of­fi­cers were trans­ported to the R Adams Cow­ley Shock Trauma Cen­ter for treat­ment of mi­nor in­juries. All were re­leased later that evening.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.