Baltimore County police offers package theft prevention tips
• Ask for a tracking number. Most major shipping companies offer this service at no charge. This number allows you to track your packages and notifies you when they will be delivered.
• Request a “Signature Delivery Option”. Request a specific drop off time and date when you will be home to accept your packages.
• Arrange to have your packages held at the shipping service so you can pick them up.
• Ask the delivery service to leave your packages at a side or back door. Have your packages delivered to your workplace or home of a relative or neighbor who will be there to accept them. • Ask to have your packages delivered to a participating retail store so you can pick them up at your convenience. • Leave a note for the carrier instructing them where to leave your packages (Ex: backdoor).
• If your packages do not arrive as scheduled contact the sender immediately.
• If you are going away, put deliveries on
hold until you return from your trip.