Chevrolet Sonic is fresh, fun, up-to-date
Chevrolet Sonic continues to bring new customers to Chevrolet with its youthful design, efficiency and the latest connectivity features.
Sonic remains on the leading edge of technology in its segment, offering OnStar with 4G LTE and a standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot that provides a mobile hub for drivers and passengers to stay connected. The hotspot is on whenever the car is on and comes with a three-month/ three-gigabyte data trial.
Sonic customers can choose between two body styles: a four-door sedan and a five-door hatchback in LS, LT, LTZ and RS models.
Sonic RS sedan and a Dusk Package for LTZ sedan provide options for high-style, performance-oriented features. The RS sedan delivers all of the performance-oriented features of the hatchback, while the Dusk package brings a higher level of sophistication with distinctive exterior features and premium interior appointments.
Every Sonic model delivers class-leading rearseat roominess and cargo space. Other features include:
• Standard Ecotec 1.8L engine (non-RS models) paired with five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions that deliver an EPA-estimated 35 mpg highway
• Available 1.4L Ecotec turbocharged engine that, when paired with the six-speed manual, achieves an EPA estimated 40 mpg highway (non-RS models)
• Standard electric power steering and StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing
• Standard remote vehicle start on automatic transmission-equipped LT, LTZ and RS models
• Sedan offers more trunk capacity (14.9 cu. ft. / 422 L), than the larger Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla; and the hatchback and sedan offer better rear-seat room than Ford Fiesta. With a rear seat that folds nearly flat, the Sonic hatchback has greater cargo capacity (47.7 cu. ft. / 1351 L) than Fiesta
• Connectivity benefits include Chevrolet MyLink radio (standard on LT, LTZ and RS), standard OnStar with six months of Automatic Crash Response, Guidance service, Turn-by-Turn navigation and My-Chevrolet mobile app. SiriusXM Satellite Radio (with a three-month trial) is standard on all but the base Sonic, along with USB and Bluetooth streaming audio functionality
Ten standard air bags, anti-lock brakes with electronic brake force distribution and brake assist; and available rear-vision camera, Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning.
In 2016, Sonic delivers three new exterior colors — Nightfall Gray Metallic, Mosaic Black Metallic and Kinetic Blue Metallic — for a fresh, updated appearance.
YOUTHFUL, SPIRITED EXTERIOR
The 2016 Sonic sedan and five-door hatchback convey sportiness, strength, stability and refinement from every vantage point. Performance-themed design elements include its wheels- at- the- corners proportions, fender flares and motorcy- cle-inspired round headlamps.
Those design elements are attuned to Chevrolet’s signature cues, such as a dual-element grille and round taillamps. The leading edge of the hood forms a character line above the headlamps, which flows in a sleek side profile characterized by uninterrupted body side lines, a high beltline and low roofline. The side mirrors carry the same shape as the car and seemingly disappear into the profile.
Other details that reinforce Sonic’s quality and attention to detail include chrome grille surrounds and matte black honeycomb grille inserts on all models. A range of wheel sizes, including 18-inch alloy wheels, bolsters its sporty demeanor.
Sonic Dusk — an LTZ sedan-exclusive package — includes a Nightfall Gray Metallic exterior color, a unique ground effects styling package, satin aluminum-style trim and 18-inch aluminum wheels with a Pearl Nickel finish.
Aside from the three new exterior colors for 2016, other paint options include Blue Velvet, Red Hot, Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White and Mocha Bronze Metallic. For an additional charge, buyers of LTZ and RS models may choose premium colors White Diamond or Crystal Red Tintcoat. Crystal Red Tintcoat is also available on LT models.
A SPACIOUS, MODERN INTERIOR
The Sonic’s interior re- flects its motorcycle-inspired exterior with a detailed instrument cluster featuring a large, round analog tachometer set within an asymmetrical LCD readout, with a large digital speedometer display.
Depending on the trim level, Sonic offers two varieties of cloth (LS and LT), perforated leatherette (LTZ) and leather-appointed (RS) seating surfaces. Interior colors and combinations include Jet Black/Dark Titanium; Jet Black/ Brick; Dark Pewter/ Dark Titanium and Jet Black (RS).
The Sonic Dusk Package offers an exclusive combination of Jet Black leather-appointed seats featuring Mojave
tan sueded microfiber accents.The mid-instrument panel surface flows seamlessly into the upper doors, with premium, low-gloss finishes. The automatic shift knob has a “cobra head” design, while the manual shifter has a chrome-finished knob.
Functionality is at the center of the interior, with storage compartments in the center stack and doors. Rear seats fold virtually flat for carrying larger items such as sports gear. Front bucket seats are standard and heated front seats are available.
In addition to OnStar 4G with LTE and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, Sonic comes with six months of OnStar Guidance service. OnStar is the global leading pro- vider of connected safety, security and mobility solutions and advanced information technology.
OnStar’s RemoteLink Mobile App allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information and send directions directly to the vehicle. An opt-in service called FamilyLink allows subscribers to stay connected to loved ones by checking the location of their vehicle online or by signing up for vehicle location alerts.