Food pantries to offer assistance during shutdown
End Hunger in Calvert County stands equipped to provide support for federal employees and contractors impacted by the government shutdown. Chesapeake Cares is open Tuesdays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to noon in Huntingtown. Additional hours for federal em- ployees include every Tuesday from 1 to 3 p.m. and every Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Partner pantry hours include:
• Bayside Baptist Food Pantry, 3009 Chesapeake Beach Road in Chesapeake Beach, from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturdays;
• Calvert Churches Community Food Pantry, 100 Jibsail Drive in Prince Frederick, from 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Wednesday;
• Calvert Lighthouse Food Pantry, 40 Clay Hammond Road in Prince Frederick, from 10 to 11 a.m. the first Saturday of the month;
• Mt. Olive United Methodist Food Pantry, 811 Dares Beach Road in Prince Frederick, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month and 4 to 7 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of the month;
• SMILE, 10290 H.G. Trueman Road in Lusby, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday; and
• St. Anthony’s (Ladies of Charity) Food Pantry, 8823 Dayton Ave. in North Beach, from noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday, 5 to 7 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month and 10 a.m. to noon the last Saturday of the month.
Go to endhungercalvert.org/ fedshutdown.