Pub­lic works as­sumes wa­ter and sewer billing ser­vices

The Calvert Recorder - - News -

The Calvert County Depart­ment of Pub­lic Works, Wa­ter and Sew­er­age Di­vi­sion, have taken over the wa­ter and sewer billing ser­vices from the Depart­ment of Fi­nance and Bud­get ef­fec­tive Jan. 7.

The or­ga­ni­za­tional change was ap­proved by the Calvert County Board of County Com- mis­sion­ers in Septem­ber.

Pre­vi­ously, billing ser­vices were pro­vided by fi­nance and bud­get, but the in­te­gra­tion of billing into the Wa­ter and Sew­er­age Di­vi­sion will al­low the di­vi­sion to iden­tify ser­vice is­sues quicker, and de­crease re­sponse time for me­ter and ser­vice prob­lems, as well as pro­vide greater seg­re­ga­tion of du­ties be­tween billing, ad­just­ments, re­ceipt­ing and prepa­ra­tion of fi­nan­cial state­ments, a press re­lease states.

While the or­ga­ni­za­tional change should be trans­par­ent to most cus­tomers, walk-in cus­tomers will now need to visit 150 Main St., Suite 206 in Prince Fred­er­ick for as­sis­tance, the re­lease states.

Quar­terly wa­ter and sewer bills will con­tinue to be mailed the first busi­ness day of Jan­uary, April, July and Oc­to­ber. Call the cus­tomer ser­vice of­fice at 410-535-1600, ext. 2211, to re­quest a copy of a bill if not re­ceived by the 10th of the month.

Pay­ments are due at the end of the month and can be made by check, credit card, through online bill pay or au­to­mated billing di­rect from a check­ing ac­count.

Visit http://www.calvert­coun­­dex.aspx?nid=278 for more in­for­ma­tion about bill pay­ments and op­tions.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.