The Daily Press
AAA unveils Four Diamond Hotel & Restaurant designations
Travel “gems” add to list of exemplary establishments across North America
AAA has announced this year’s Four Diamond Hotel and Restaurant Designations, which include seven hotels and two restaurants in Western Pennsylvania. These establishments mark their spot on an exclusive list of more than 1,700 Four Diamond hotels and more than 600 Four Diamond restaurants across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. AAA Four Diamond hotels and restaurants represent just 4.8% of all establishments in the Diamond Program.
“Guests can be assured that Four Diamond establishments provide some of the highest quality available when it comes to where they rest and dine,” says Terri Petrick, president of AAA East Central. “These hotels and restaurants represent the best of the best and consistently pass the test of discerning AAA inspectors.”
Western Pennsylvania AAA Four Diamond Hotels
• The Lodge at Glendorn, 1000 Glendorn
Dr., a Four Diamond hotel since 1996. Farmington
• Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, 1001 Lafayette Dr., a Four Diamond hotel since 2003. Pittsburgh
• Fairmont Pittsburgh, 510 Market Street, a Four Diamond hotel since 2010.
• Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, 620 William Penn Pl, a Four Diamond hotel since 2017.
• Omni William Penn Hotel, 530 William Penn Place, a Four Diamond hotel since 2012.
• Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, 107 Sixth
Street, a Four Diamond hotel since 2002.
Western Pennsylvania AAA Four Diamond Restaurants
• Aqueous, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, 1001 Lafayette Dr., a Four Diamond restaurant since 2004. Pittsburgh
• Altius, 1230 Grandview Ave, a Four Diamond restaurant since 2015.
• Eleven, 1150 Smallman St, a Four Diamond restaurant since 2005.
For more than 80 years, AAA’s professional inspectors have conducted in-person property evaluations. AAA is the only entity using comprehensive, on-site professional hotel and restaurant evaluations guided by member priorities.
To earn the coveted AAA Four Diamond designation, hotels and restaurants must pass a rigorous evaluation that includes unannounced, in-person inspections, anonymous overnight stays for hotels, and, finally, review by a panel of experts as an additional step to ensure credibility. All AAA Diamond Program hotels and restaurants are re-evaluated annually to insure they provide the best experience for travelers and diners.
AAA Diamonds Are Inspected Clean
Now more than ever, travelers want peace of mind when choosing where to stay. AAA enhanced inspections with ATP surface testing, the same technology used to verify cleanliness in the healthcare and food service industries. Inspected Clean hotels have passed inspections with ATP surface testing so travelers can rest assured rooms are as clean as possible. For more details, visit AAA.com/ Diamonds.