Search for alleged kidnapper of young boy is called off
Fresno County Sheriff’s detectives said Saturday that they have canceled their search of a suspect in the attempted kidnapping of an 8-year-old-boy reported earlier this week.
Detectives had searched for a person who tried to abduct a boy who was playing outside his home near Selma.
After conducting various interviews and followups, however, detectives discovered inconsistencies in the child’s story of the kidnapping attempt and are no longer in search, according to a news release.
“Our conclusion is that it did not happen,” Fresno County Sheriff Public information officer Tony Botti said in an email message.