Gas leak likely to blame for blast at shopping plaza
Authorities suspect a gas leak as the cause of an explosion Saturday morning at a shopping center in Plantation, Florida, that injured about 20 people.
“When we arrived we found patients scattered all about the debris area,” Plantation Fire Rescue Deputy Chief Joel Gordon said. Two people were taken to Broward Health Medical Center in serious condition. No deaths have been reported.
The blast originated from a former pizza restaurant. Fortunately, a neighboring business, a computer learning store for children called Code Ninjas, was not open at the time.