The Macomb Daily
Warren Busch Branch Library
The library is located at 40255 Dodge Park Road, Sterling Heights.
Warren Public Libraries
• All Warren public library branches will be able to offer a telescope for patrons to check out with a valid library card thanks to being selected to be part of NASA @ My Library, an education initiative to increase and enhance science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) opportunities for library patrons. The Warren Civic Center library will offer telescope events throughout the year as well.
• Grab-and-Go Science at Busch Branch Library has science themed kits available for check out exploring topics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with fun and kid-friendly hands on activities. Each kit also contains a related book and instructions. For children, tweens and teens ages six and up, recommended ages vary by kit and activity. More kits will be added to the collection soon. They can be checked out for 21 days and renewed up to two times and must be checked out and returned to the Busch Branch.
The library is located at 23333 Ryan Road, Warren.
Warren Civic Center Library
• Babies Love Books is being relaunched with expanded kits. They are available for families that live in Warren with children from birth to age 3. Based on the Library of Michigan’s Ready to Read program and will focus on Talk, Sing, Read, Write and Play. Designed to help develop early literacy skills and instill a love of reading in the very young. Families who return a brief survey included with the kit will be eligible for a second kit with new books and activities.
• Families that are residents of Warren and has a child between the ages of 3-5 is eligible to receive a free early literacy kit to help prepare children for their kindergarten year. Kits include two activity workbooks and an early reader book to practice sight words. Kits are available for pickup at the Warren Civic Center Library and will also be available at children’s programs that are offsite. Children must be present for a kit to be issued.
• The library also has purchased Playaway Launchpads, which are tablets that are preloaded with educational preschool games and are available for checkout with a library card.
The library is located at 1 City Square, Suite 100, Warren.
Warren Miller Branch
• Sweets and Treats Lock In 6-8 p.m. Feb. 17. Tweens and teens ages 1017 can play life sized Candyland. They will be able to complete against fellow tweens and teens in sweet mini-games and decorate cupcakes while running around the library-sized game board. No pizza will be served, only plenty of sugar. After hours parent free event. Registration is required.
The library is located at 5460 Arden in the Warren Community Center. To register for programs, call 586751-5377 or visit warrenlibrary.net.
All Macomb County libraries, as part of the Suburban Library Cooperative, subscribe to RB Digital which has over 100 digital magazines that can be checked out immediately. They also offer educational services through Tutor.com, which provides homework help, test preparation and term paper and resume review. Students can use their student ID number to access those services.